First round. Audition.
Auditions will be held via video recording submissions, live video conferencing, and if venues permit – in person.
If you are submitting the video you do not need to go to auditions in person or via zoom.
Auditions will be held at the following audition centers:
- Online Video Submission – December 12, 2021 – prerecorded [closed];
- New Jersey, Caldwell College – Saturday, November 27, 2021 – in-person and prerecorded [closed];
- New Jersey, Crescendo Int. Competition studio – Sunday, December 5, 2021 – in-person and prerecorded [closed];
- New York, NY – December 4, 2021 at “244 Rehearsal Studios’, 244 West 54th Street, 5th Floor. New York, NY 10019 – in-person [closed];
- Pennsylvania – December 5, 2021 at Jacob Music, 1718 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia – in-person [closed];
- Pennsylvania – December 12, 2021 at Jacobs Music, 4030 Skyron Drive, Suite F, Doylestown – in person, or prerecorded [closed];
- Massachusetts – November 21, 2021 at Sharon Music Academy, 112 N. Main St., Sharon, MA 02067 – prerecorded performances [closed];
- Michigan – December 11, 2021at Music department of Madonna University, Livonia, MI 48150 – in person, or prerecorded [closed];
- Washington – November 13, 2021 at Issaquah, WA – prerecorded [closed];
- California – November 21, 2021 at Pacific Institute of Music, 540 Plaza Drive, Suite # 130, Folsom CA – in person, or prerecorcded [closed];
- Canada, BC – December 4, 2021 at Vancouver, BC, Canada [closed];
- Canada, ON – December 9, 2021 at Steinway Music Hall, 2651 John Street, Unit 8, Markham, ON [closed];
- Canada, ON – December 12, 2021 at at Arts & Musicom, 160 Shorting Road, Scarborough, ON [closed];
- Canada, ON – December 13, 2021 at Wizz Kidz, 862 Eglinton Ave East, Toronto, ON, Canada [closed]
- Canada, ON – November 21, 2021at Ottawa, Gloucester, ON, Canada [closed];
- Canada, QC – December 12, 2021 at University of Montreal, Salle Jean-Papineau-Couture, B 421, Montreal, QC, Canada [closed];
- Italy, Padua – November 14, 2021 at Padova, Church of Saint Caterina, 245 Street of Cesare Battisti [closed];
All participants register online at https://forms.gle/5o7r1Tq19SXuoEaG7
The applications deadline for Online Videos submissions is extended till December 5th, 2021.
All the video links or DVDs must be received by December 12, 2021.
To submit a video for auditions please upload it to YouTube or another video streaming service, make the video unlisted and insert the link in the field on the registration form. Videos must be in one continuous shot, without edits.
The results will be uploaded to the participant profiles online..
Participants may apply for auditions multiple times. One composition is considered one entry and maybe registered for the auditions only once.
Audition fees (are non-refundable):
Solo Performance: $95
Ensemble of 4 or more members: $50 per participant.
We accept debit and credit cards payments via PayPal. To make payment via PayPal login in to your account and make payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duets, Trios and Ensembles should submit one application. Please chose one student as a primary applicant and enter all other participants names in the special field on the application form.
Only one application form per duet or an ensemble is required.
- Please note that the live audition format does not permit the presence of parents, or teachers.
- Your applications status will be available in your profile under Active applications.
- There is no strict time limit imposed at the auditions, but the judge may interrupt the performance.
- No cuts allowed at the audition performances.
- For the second round (recital performance) you may shorten the composition to avoid the extra time fee.
- There is no requirement to have an accompanist at the auditions although it is preferred.
- For the Second Round – Winners Recitals – all compositions requiring an accompaniment must be performed with accompaniment.
If you need an accompanist we can give recommendations, please send a request to email@example.com
COVID-19 Liability Waiver
While we taking measures to enhance the safety of competition participants, judges, venues crews and staff of Crescendo Int. competitions an inherent risk of contracting COVID-19 and other contagious diseases exists in any public space. In order to attend Crescendo competitions’ in-person auditions and live recitals all visitors are required to read and accept the following waiver.
By participation in-person auditions, live recitals, purchasing tickets and entering to audition venues and recital venues including Carnegie Hall, I agree to comply with all health and safety protocols implemented by Carnegie Hall based on applicable federal, state, and local rules and guidelines, and I agree that:
- Carnegie Hall and Crescendo Int. Competitions cannot guarantee that I will not be exposed to and contract COVID-19 or other contagious diseases, and all those entering audition venues and recital venues including Carnegie Hall do so at their own risk.
- I accept the risk of being exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 or other contagious diseases along with all related consequences. I agree that this waiver means I give up my right to bring any claims, including but not limited to claims of negligence.
- Admission to audition venues and recital venues including Carnegie Hall and any of our events is conditioned on compliance with health and safety protocols. Visitors who do not follow applicable safety protocols may be asked to leave the premises.
- Carnegie Hall artists, staff, and visitors have the right to an environment free from abusive, threatening, or inappropriate behavior. Carnegie Hall reserves the right to remove any person acting in an unacceptable or inappropriate manner.
- This contract will be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey and New York.