Crescendo International Music Competition is a youth music competition held annually since 2007.
We will be holding competitions in various establishments throughout the USA, Canada, Europe, and Asia from November 2021 to February 2022.
There will be two rounds in Crescendo Int. Competition.
Auditions (Live auditions or video recording evaluation).
Based on the performance Judges assigned a score that determines contestant’s placement. Evaluation also includes written comments and recommendations.
Students may enter the competition more than once (performing on different instruments or as vocalists, or as a member on ensemble).
Decisions on monetary rewards are based on accumulated audition score, composition complexity and contestant’s artistic maturity. Rewards might be suspended due to poor performance.
Winners of Grand Prizes will be announced at the end of March 2022.
First place winners with scores 27 and higher may apply for International Student Exchange Program in Italy and Japan.
Teachers with five, or more students who achieved First and Second Place honors will receive a Certificate of Excellence.
To recognize outstanding teachers we proudly announce Teacher Appreciation Awards 2022:
- Teacher of the Year (10 awards)
- Crescendo Educator Award (10 Awards)
- “My favorite Teacher” Award (10 Awards)
Welcome to 2021-2022 season of Crescendo International Youth Music Competition!
Registration for auditions will be open on October 15th, 2021.
All participants must register and apply online.
The last day to submit the application and the video for the auditions is 7 day prior to the auditions date.
Instruction for online registration:
First round. Audition.
Auditions will be held via video recording submissions, live video conferencing, and if venues permit – in person.
If you are submitting the video you do not need to go to auditions in person or via zoom.
Auditions will be held at the following audition centers:
- Online Video Submission – December 12, 2021 – prerecorded;
- New Jersey, Caldwell College – Saturday, November 27, 2021 – in-person and prerecorded;
- New Jersey, Brookdale College – Sunday, November 28, 2021 – in-person and prerecorded;
- New Jersey, Crescendo Int. Competition studio – December 5, 2021 – in-person and prerecorded;
- New York, NY – December 4, 2021– in-person;
- Pennsylvania – December 5, 2021 at Jacob Music, 1718 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia – in-person;
- Pennsylvania – December 12, 2021 at Jacobs Music, 4030 Skyron Drive, Suite F, Doylestown – in person, or prerecorcded;
- Massachusetts – November 21, 2021 at Sharon, MA – prerecorded performances;
- Michigan – December 11, 2021at Music department of Madonna University, Livonia, MI 48150 – in person, or prerecorcded;
- Washington – November 13, 2021 at Issaquah, WA – prerecorded;
- California – November 21, 2021 at Pacific Institute of Music, 540 Plaza Drive, Suite # 130, Folsom CA – in person, or prerecorcded;
- Canada, BC – December 4, 2021 at Vancouver, BC, Canada;
- Canada, ON – December 9, 2021 at Steinway Music Hall, 2651 John Street, Unit 8, Markham, ON;
- Canada, ON – December 12, 2021 at at Arts & Musicom, 160 Shorting Road, Scarborough, ON;
- Canada, ON – December 13, 2021 at Wizz Kidz, 862 Eglinton Ave East, Toronto, ON, Canada;
- Canada, ON – November 21, 2021at Ottawa, Gloucester, ON, Canada;
- Canada, QC – December 12, 2021 at University of Montreal, Salle Jean-Papineau-Couture, B 421, Montreal, QC, Canada;
- Italy, Padua – November 14, 2021 at Padova, Church of Saint Caterina, 245 Street of Cesare Battisti;
- Russia, Saint-Petersburg – November 13, 2021 at Cultural of Elena Obrazcova, Saint-Petersburg, Nevsky prospect, 65, Russia.
All participants register below
The applications deadline for Online Videos submissions is extended till December 5th, 2021.
All the video links or DVDs must be received by December 14, 2021.
To submit a video for auditions please upload it to YouTube or another video streaming service, make the video unlisted and insert the link in the field on the registration form. Videos must be in one continuous shot, without edits.
The results will be uploaded to the participant profiles online..
Participants may apply for auditions multiple times. One composition is considered one entry and maybe registered for the auditions only once.
Solo Performance: $95
Ensemble of 4 or more members: $50 per participant.
Duets, Trios and Ensembles should submit one application. Please chose one student as a primary applicant and enter all other participants names in the special field on the application form.
- Please note that the live audition format does not permit the presence of parents, or teachers.
- Your applications status will be available in your profile under Active applications.
- There is no strict time limit imposed at the auditions, but the judge may interrupt the performance.
- No cuts allowed at the audition performances.
- For the second round (recital performance) you may shorten the composition to avoid the extra time fee.
- There is no requirement to have an accompanist at the auditions although it is preferred.
- For the Second Round – Winners Recitals – all compositions requiring an accompaniment must be performed with accompaniment.
If you need an accompanist we can give recommendations, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Liability Waiver
While we taking measures to enhance the safety of competition participants, judges, venues crews and staff of Crescendo Int. competitions an inherent risk of contracting COVID-19 and other contagious diseases exists in any public space. In order to attend Crescendo competitions’ in-person auditions and live recitals all visitors are required to read and accept the following waiver.
By participation in-person auditions, live recitals, purchasing tickets and entering to audition venues and recital venues including Carnegie Hall, I agree to comply with all health and safety protocols implemented by Carnegie Hall based on applicable federal, state, and local rules and guidelines, and I agree that:
- Carnegie Hall and Crescendo Int. Competitions cannot guarantee that I will not be exposed to and contract COVID-19 or other contagious diseases, and all those entering audition venues and recital venues including Carnegie Hall do so at their own risk.
- I accept the risk of being exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 or other contagious diseases along with all related consequences. I agree that this waiver means I give up my right to bring any claims, including but not limited to claims of negligence.
- Admission to audition venues and recital venues including Carnegie Hall and any of our events is conditioned on compliance with health and safety protocols. Visitors who do not follow applicable safety protocols may be asked to leave the premises.
- Carnegie Hall artists, staff, and visitors have the right to an environment free from abusive, threatening, or inappropriate behavior. Carnegie Hall reserves the right to remove any person acting in an unacceptable or inappropriate manner.
- This contract will be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey and New York.
Second round: Performance.
Participants who achieved First, Second or Third place scores at the auditions are eligible to participate in the Second Round of the competition. They may choose one online or in-person recital date from the list below.
Carnegie Hall Recitals
First and Second Place qualifiers are eligible to participate in one of the recitals at Weill Recital Hall or Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall:
January 15, 2022 (Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall)
January 16, 2022 (Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall)
January 17, 2022 (Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall)
January 22, 2022 (Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall)
January 23, 2022 (Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall)
January 26, 2022 (Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall)
January 29, 2022 (Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall)
January 30, 2022 (Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall)
February 12, 2022 (Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall)
February 13, 2022 (Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall)
February 14, 2022 (Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall)
February 21, 2022 (Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall)
March 5, 2022 (Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall)
March 6, 2022 (Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall)
Fees and registration dates TBA
Please note: In anticipation of reopening our concert venues this season with necessary health and safety protocols, we have made a few adjustments to our regulations:
Everyone coming to Carnegie Hall—including artists, audience members, and staff—will need to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 using a vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) in order to enter the building.
For more information visit https://www.carnegiehall.org/our-commitment-to-you/safety-checklist
The deadline to register for the recital is 10 days prior to the recital date.
Spaces are limited. A recital will be closed once capacity is reached.